Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Response to Text: Rangoli (Tuesday (W5, T4)

30+ Beautiful Peacock Rangoli Designs | Latest Collection 2021

Response to text:

Rangoli

Highlight the correct answer or write down the appropriate response.

1. Rangoli is… 

a) coloured powder b) designs made using coloured powder

c) a new position in soccer d) another word for Diwali

2. What are Rangoli supposed to bring to the house?

a) Bad luck b) Good luck

c) Phospherousity d) Trick or Treaters

3. . True or False: Rangoli in South India is called Mandana

a) True b) False

4. Which of these is NOT a traditional material used to create Rangoli?

a) Beans b) Rice

c) Taro d) Salt

5.  Explain in your own words how to create a Rangoli design.

→ Fill an empty salt/pepper shaker with Rangoli colors for an easy shaker to fill in the design.

To make colorful rice, pasta, or salt: measure 1 cup of rice, pasta, or salt into a container that comes with a lid (or a sealable bag). Add food coloring and 1 teaspoon of vinegar. Put the lid on the container or seal the top of the bag, and shake everything up until the color is evenly distributed. Spread the material in an even layer on a paper plate or towel until dry. For faster drying, spread materials on a sheet tray and put in the oven at a low temperature, stirring occasionally until dry. Choose the design you want to make -- either geometrical, a floral design, or get creative and follow wherever your inspiration leads you! Decide where to draw your Rangoli. You can draw on the floor or outside of your house.Give dimension to your outline with white textured material like rice flour, Rice flour/Rangoli Powder is usually applied freehand by letting it run from the gap formed by pinching the thumb and forefinger. Choose the materials you will use to fill in the design. Use natural materials easily found in your house or garden. You can use flower petals, leaves, colored rice,  chalk or Rangoli powder, beans etc. Have fun creating, but tidy up your mess!

Here is my Response to Text about Rangoli. This is 5th week of Term 4. Today we are learning about - Diwali ! I just want to thank the Team 4 teachers you put up our work for us, everyday. Please leave a Positive comment.  I Hope you enjoyed looking/reading my Response to Text and I also Hope you and your family are staying safe and healthy, Byyeee <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.