Pages

Friday, November 19, 2021

Response to Text - Fireworks Friday (W5, T4)

People watching fireworks.

Response to text:

Fireworks

Highlight the correct answer or write down the appropriate response.

1. Fireworks were first made from… 

a) Bombs b) Bamboo

c) Baboons d) Gunpowder

2. Where were fireworks first invented??

a) Italy b) USA

c) United Kingdom d) China

3. Explain where the word “pyrotechnics” comes from, and what it means.

The skill of creating and setting them off is called pyrotechnics. The word comes from Greek words that mean fire and art.

4. True or False: Sodium salts create deep-red coloured fireworks.

a) True b) False

5. In what year did Guy Fawkes try to blow up the King?

a) 1506 b) 1605

c) 1650 d) November 5th

6. What are the 3 main components (parts) of a firework?

Oxidizer (fire needs oxygen to burn), a fuel (the something that is burning, in this case gunpowder), and a chemical mix to produce the colour.

7. Explain, in your own words, how “fireworks” can be used to save lives.

Fireworks have helped to create many useful, and life-saving products. Railroad trains, trucks, and cross-country buses carry red flares, which are placed behind broken-down vehicles to stop crashes. Airplanes carry parachute flares to light up the ground when they are forced to land at night. 

8. Do you think people should be allowed to set fireworks off at home? 

Explain your reasons why or why not.

I mean, Fireworks can be dangerous but there is always a way they can’t. I think we all should be allowed to set fireworks at home, it’s fun and the only way it can be safe, we need to keep all the little ones away or keep them inside and watch them!!

Here is my Response to Text. This is 5th week of Term 4. Today we are learning about - Fireworks! I just want to thank the Team 4 teachers you put up our work for us everyday. Please leave a Positive comment.  I Hope you enjoyed looking/reading my Response to Text! and I also Hope you and your family are staying safe and healthy, Byyeee <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.